Friday, January 20, 2012

Intense 60 minute workout

I did the Jillian Michaels 16 minute bodyblast workout (though it took me 20 minutes to get through 2 supposedly 8-minute sets) and then 20 minutes of interval training;
10 minutes tabata routines on ground:
*20 sec mountain climbers, 10 seconds rest, 10 sets
*20 sec high knees jumprope, 10 seconds rest, 10 sets

Then 10 minutes of intervals on the treadmill:
*2 minutes at 6.5, 30 seconds at 4.0
*2 minutes at 6.6, 30 seconds at 4.0
*30 seconds at 8.0 and 30 seconds at 5.0, 4 sets
*20 seconds at 8.0 and 10 seconds at 4.0, 8 sets

Finished with 20 minutes of steady-state cardio to finish burning calories, as my body was in intense fat-burning mode from all the strength training and interval work:
*10 minutes light jog at 5.5, incline set to 4.0
*Hill Climb going up 1 step on incline every minute with speed at 4.0 and running at 6.0 for the last minute with incline at 10.

After a workout like that, I made myself a bowl (or two!) of half a cup of low-fat all natural plain yogurt + 1 tablespoon wheat germ, 1 teaspoon honey, and a handful of chocolate chips. Also threw in half a sliced pear. Yogurt parfaits are my fave, totally guilt-free dessert, though to be honest all the yogurt and honey and wheat germ simply serves as a vehicle for the chocolate ;p




The chocolate chips are my favorite part ;p and I always add extra, then eat all the yogurt around it and save the big mouthfuls of chocolate for last. Yum!

And here's one of the highlights of my week-
Traditional, and ever so simple, Beef Noodle Soup! Sounds super simple, just noodles in beef broth, but there are chefs in China who specialize in it and spend their lives making broth and noodles just for this one dish. Mom made it two days ago and it was just heavenly after freezing ass outside waiting to be picked up from school.









First speech meet of the season (and for me, ever!) tomorrow; will fuel up and try not to be too grumpy about having to wake up on a Saturday morning.

T.G.I.F!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...