Friday, January 27, 2012

Mini Oreo Cheesecakes



These were mass-produced for my speech team carbo-load!
I also take pride in the fact that I garnered rave reviews from seven non-sweet-loving Chinese guests when these little cheesecakes were served for dessert at the dinner party my parents hosted last night.
Cheesecake, chocolate-covered strawberries, and souffles are three desserts with the common misconception that they are very difficult to make- which is quite a pity because they are actually three of the easiest desserts to create, and I looove me some chocolate covered strawberries! Or, better yet, chocolate-covered strawberry cheesecake. Cue the heavenly hallucinations...
Found this recipe on food.com. I shall blame that website for how tight my jeans will soon be getting.  ;P





Mini oreo cheesecakes

RECIPE: (makes 12)
*2 packages of 8 ounce cream cheese, or 16 ounces
*1/2 cup sugar (I used about 3/8 ish cup so they wouldn't be too sweet)
*1/2 teaspoon vanilla
*2 eggs
*12 oreos (or wafer cookies)

PREPERATION:
1.) Mix cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until well blended




2.) Add in the eggs; mix until blended
3.) Place one cookie into each paper-lined muffin cup, and spoon batter evenly into each cup




4.) Bake for around 20 minutes, though I would say probably 18-19 minutes are sufficient, or the tops will start to brown.
5.) Remove and let cool. Refridgerate for at least 3 hours before serving.
* I cup them in half before serving, but you can pop 'em whole!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...