Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Super moist Banana Muffins (made healthier and reposted)



Just three words to describe these muffins: Yum yum yummy.
If you've read my old blog, they'll look familiar, since this is a repost of that recipe, with some substitutes to make it low-fat and just as healthy as they taste good. Which is very, if you haven't figured it out by now. ;p
Anyways, I saw this bunch of browning bananas on the kitchen counter and thought; why not?





The muffins are super moist from the bananas, and incredibly easy and foolproof. When I first saw the rave reviews for this recipe on catcancook I was a  bit skeptical, but after I tried making them this became my go-to muffin recipe, and I made a batch tonight for my Synergy meeting tomorrow. Teenagers never turn down free food!
I added some chopped dates and subbed half the butter for yogurt; here's the original recipe, but the light version turned out way better than I expected and taste even better than the original because you can have an extra muffin without feeling guilty. ;p

RECIPE: Makes 12 muffins
*3-4 Large bananas, mashed (the more bananas the moister, so I use 4)
*1/2 cup white sugar (original recipe calls for 1 cup, but I don’t like them too sweet)
*1 slightly beaten egg
*3 tablespoons butter
*3 tablespoons low-fat plain yogurt
*1 teaspoon baking soda
*1 teaspoon baking powder
*1/2 teaspoon salt
*1 cup whole wheat flour
*1/2 cup AP flour
*Any other add-ins you would like! Chocolate chips, wheat germ, dried fruit, nuts... etc.

PREPERATION:
1.) Mix the mashed banana, sugar, egg and margarine together. (My fave part is smashing the bananas, lol. I enjoy smashing things.)



2.) In a separate bowl, mix together baking soda, baking powder, salt and flour.
3.) Mix wet and dry ingredients all together!
4.) Pour into greased muffin tins, and bake in 350 degrees F oven for approximately 20 minutes.

*These are much more flavourful the next day, and they freeze very nicely too!
You can add a handful of walnuts (or any kind of nuts, really) or chocolate chips if you like. I added some walnuts and almonds, because we ran out of chocolate chips. Yum!





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...