Friday, April 13, 2012

Friday the 13th

Check out the sexilicious jewelry I'm rockin':







They were given to me by a little boy at the church I tutor at on Tuesday nights. (I'm not Christian, but who could say no?)
It's a program solely maintained by a very kind couple, to help kids that are less fortunate than I am with their schoolwork, and I definitely enjoy the feeling I actually did something meaningful and contributed to this world. Call it suburban girl's guilt, whatever, but I am grateful every day for the opportunities I was born into and my parents have worked hard to provide me with.

Now that I've said something that isn't totally nonsensical and doesn't make me sound like a spoiled brat...

Proceed with the announcement:
I've gotten an Academic Letter this year for maintaining an A- average or higher; my grades aren't where I exactly want them to be right now (yes in stereotypical asian fashion, I don't consider an A- an A, and anything below that is worthy of a total hair-pulling freak-out session) but I'm still pretty psyched about the acknowledgement of my efforts.
Not that this makes up for walking around in a zombielike state all year due to a vicious cycle of too much caffeine and not enough sleep.
But I can't complain (too late) : I've already pledged my sleep, social life, and sanity, to the Ivy Leagues.
Anyways, just thought I'd try to convince y'all that eating chocolate, working out, and taking pictures  of grapes aren't all I do in life.

Since it's Friday and I don't have any after-school activities today, I did a 30 minute pilates strength routine




and then knocked out 55 minutes of cardio kickboxing.
Planning on heading over to my friend M's house tonight for some "profound pizza."
I won't actually be eating any pizza though since mom made dumplings and I just couldn't hold out...


The specks in it are from the whole wheat flour my mom uses; she uses 1/2 AP and 1/2 whole wheat for the dough.



Happy Friday the 13th y'all!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...