Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Life in School- Update

As the end of the school year is creeping up on us with a startling abrubtness, the hallways, bathrooms, and doors are being pasted over with a wallpaper of notices and sign-ups. Students are rushing to get their forms in on time for next year's activities and clubs. Since I'm too lazy to join student council and get up at 5:30 every morning, and Diversity council applications have already passed the deadline, I only applied to two positions in other clubs.

Obviously, the Ivy Leagues have a voracious appetite for devouring the precious sleeping hours of students, so I need to throw myself headfirst into the lion's den and be in at least two extracurriculars. In addition to schoolwork, next year I will be the co-president of Synergy (a volunteer recycling group), a possible member of the Leadership Team for Volunteer Club (membership pending), as well as keeping up with piano and exercise/school sports.
Sounds harsh, but I really shouldn't be complaing. Compared to some, (V, cough cough, 4.5 GPA on a scale of 4.0, cough cough) I am quite the slacker.
I blame my aptitude for procrastination on being stricken with a truly unfortunate case of "senioritis," minus the school spirit, about three weeks into my Freshman year.

Anyways, here's what you actually came to read about, since you probably hear enough bitching about high school at home or from acquintances...

My workout today wasn't fantastic, though I did sweat a helluva lot. I started in on the bodyweight strength workout routine, but overstretched the side of my hamstring (the area in the inside of the thigh right under the groin). My leg felt fine when running and jumping, but squats are probably off limits for now. I compensated with a 60 minute bodyweight cardio routine finished with 5 minutes of sprinting intervals on the treadmill.

Dinner was a muy delicioso shrimp, celery, and tofu stir-fry:







(I feel bad because I haven't taken/posted pictures in a while... and with my current schedule and finals looming ahead, can't promise I'll be able to make it up... but I will try my best and not let my photography skills get too rusty!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...