Thursday, May 3, 2012

Plank Walk

I adjusted my workout schedule a bit; I'm going to add 30 minutes of pilates and 30 minutes of POP HIIT to my Saturday workout on top of the Jillian Michaels one, as well. Today I also deviated and did 15 minutes of plank walking at 1 minute plank walk, 30 seconds marching + 20 minutes jumprope intervals.

Plank walk:
Get into full plank position

Source


Crawl forwards across the floor (like a crab walk, but straight forwards towards the direction your
head is looking towards) keeping your butt tucked in plank position, legs about 5 inches apart.

This one's a toughie, no lie, and it puts a lot of stress on your ankles. So if you have any ankle or shin issue, you may want to check to make sure your ankles can take the pressure without hurting first.

The forwards plank walk is great because it incorporates every part of your body, particularly your abs, and is also a wonderful cardio workout.

Sorry I've been kind of lax with the photography lately; I just don't want to bore y'all with more pictures of my food...

Oofta, my quads are killing me after that workout- off for some recovery antioxidants by the name of Ghiradelli!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...